As a child of an educator and a political activist, Zanele had always been an engaged and curious young person. In her formative years, as a learner, Zanele participated and excelled in academics, a wide range of sporting codes, cultural activities, and charitable organisations.
Zanele is a seasoned C-suite executive specialising in Strategic Marketing, Branding, and CSI. She is currently the Managing Director of her own Strategic Marketing Consultancy, The Alternative. I’ve supported leading companies in the Financial Services industry, FMCG sector, leading Incubators, Government Departments, Ngo’s, Universities, and varied corporations.
She is also the creator of a Loeries Awards nominated, African-themed board game. A pioneering product that seeks to educate and entertain South Africans and promote the knowledge of all African countries and its many distinctive features. As the Founder and creator of the pioneering board game called KINGDOM– I am a nascent entrepreneur and intimately understand the industriousness and persistence required to produce any meaningful outcome.
Her corporate career has primarily been based in leading South African and Multinational companies as a valuable member of the Executive and Management Committees.
Zanele maintains multiple positions in the executive business space and utilizes her cunning skill and innovative approach to business strategy to provide exceptional products and services to the masses.
- Why I decided to create an African focused board Game. #KingdomBoardgame
- That time when I changed my handwriting to try to fit in.
- Building residences and doing hard things!
- What winning the “The Apprentice” South Africa taught me about shame.
- Don’t be too big for your boots.
- Cry Freedom and Me.
- Button Soup Wisdom.
- Get out of your cave! Riding the sun is a much better notion.
- The Alternative to stagnation is not growth. It’s balance.
- When there’s an elephant in the room, introduce it.
- What do you do?
- Who do you betray on the way to a “thick skin”?⠀
- The alternative to addiction is not sobriety. It’s honesty.⠀
- Burn that Bridge… and then Bless It.
- The Headhunter Advantage.
- Snakes and Ladders.
- Leaders vs Losers.