As MD of Niven Postma Inc., Niven works as a strategy, leadership, and culture consultant and facilitator for clients in industries as diverse as financial services, media, petrochemicals, professional services, retail, and manufacturing.
She lectures at Henley Business School and on various global leadership development programmes, is a contributor to “Harvard Business Review” and “Inc. Africa” and author of the book “If you don’t do politics, politics will do you – A guide to navigating office politics ethically and successfully.”
Some of Niven’s Roles include:
- Head of Leadership and Culture for the Standard Bank Group (the largest bank by assets in Africa)
- Head of External Strategy at the South African Reserve Bank (SARB)
- Head of the South African Reserve Bank Academy, responsible for the delivery of all learning and leadership development across the central bank
- Chief Executive Officer of NOAH (Nurturing Orphans of AIDS for Humanity), one of the largest children’s NGOs in South Africa
- Chief Executive Officer of the Businesswomen’s Association (BWA), the largest association of business and professional women in the country
- Consultant with the global strategy consulting firm Monitor Company, where I worked for three years on cases for clients that spanned mining, retail, healthcare, and government, in South Africa, the US and Turkey
Niven is currently enrolled for her Ph.D. in Organisational Behaviour where her thesis will examine the intersection between strategy, culture, and power in organisations.
She was an inaugural Fellow of the International Women’s Forum Leadership Programme in 2003 and an Archbishop Desmond Tutu Leadership Fellow at Oxford University in 2007.
Niven prides herself on being distinguishable and dominant in her profession. Her attitude towards leadership and management goes unmatched in the industry.
- Organisational Politics
- Leadership & Culture
- Women’s Leadership
- Real Strategy